News and NoticesMembers, send your news, notices and announcements, flyers, posters, advertisements to firstname.lastname@example.org for inclusion on the noticeboard
MLMF - A new Music Festival in Lincolnshire
MLMF is the Mid Lincs Music Festival, which is a new music festival happening in Lincolnshire in 2023! Being based in Market Rasen, the week will classical music delights over the week including:
- A recital of Chopin with Georg Sand narrative of their dreadful trip to Majorca which produced many of his favourite Preludes and Nocturnes.
- 'One Enchanted Evening' - a recital by a renowned Italian Tenor from Rome
- A recital by RNCM cellist graduate 1st class honours Katherine Ley, who grew up in Humberston and has returned to Lincolnshire to use as a base during her engagements as a concert cellist including a future performance of the Haydn Cello Concerto this December.
For the audiences, a special afternooon tea will be served with palm court serenading during the week.
The MLMF will hopefully finish with a performance of Mozart's Grand Cm Mass and MLMF is inviting local choirs and musicians to take part in this work.
For more details and information, and any enquiries please contact Ellen Rose at:
Mansfield Choral Society is looking for a Musical Director
We are looking for someone who is an experienced conductor with an infectious enthusiasm for choral repertoire spanning a wide variety of genres.
MCS was formed in 1973, and prides itself on the warmth and friendliness of its welcome. There are no auditions, and the membership consists of a wide variety of voices, ages and abilities. Rehearsals are held on Thursday evenings from 7.15pm - 9.00pm, along with two Saturday morning ‘study sessions’ each term. An experienced accompanist and an Assistant Director are in post. Concerts are usually held three times a year. Past concerts have included Britten St Nicolas, Purcell Dido & Aeneas, Elgar The Music Makers, Haydn Creation and Folksongs from Britain and Ireland, in venues that include Southwell Minster and Nottingham's Albert Hall. Collaborations with other local societies enable us to use both larger venues and orchestras.
Our aim is to keep extending our technical abilities so that our performances continue to improve, along with our reputation. We do attract new members every year and our concerts are well supported. Applicants should have experience of directing large choirs, and preferably some experience of orchestral conducting as well. An attractive remuneration package is available.
The closing date for applications is Monday 28th February 2022 and interviews will be held on Saturday 5th March followed by an audition with the choir itself on the evening of Thursday 10th March.
Take a look at our website for more information about our choir, including past concerts and the online application form www.mansfieldchoral.org.uk
Principal duties expected of the Musical Director are:
- To effect the musical training of the choir in such works chosen by the M.D. with the agreement of the choir.
- To conduct the choir and other performers at concerts.
- To ensure that the highest possible musical standards are achieved both at rehearsals and concerts.
- To audition soloists from within the choir for any performance and to make recommendations to the Committee in the light of such auditions.
- To make recommendations to the Committee for the engagement of soloists and other performers needed for concerts, and to audition them if necessary.
- To lead the Music Committee.
- Other duties will be augmented and detailed in an agreed Job Description between the successful candidate and Mansfield Choral Society.
Do you have a passion for Music?
Do you believe in the power of community music to enrich and transform lives?
soundLINCS is currently seeking enthusiastic and passionate individuals to join and strengthen its Board of Trustees from a diverse range of backgrounds including the arts, education, entertainment and business.
The role of Trustee includes contributing to the development of overall strategy and direction through quarterly Board meetings, and acting as ambassadors promoting the charity’s work among stakeholders.
These are voluntary roles, however reasonable expenses may be claimed.
Closing date for applications: 10am on Monday 21 February 2022
Interviews will be held w/c 28 February 2022
First Board Meeting: 18 April 2022
For further information and a candidate pack, visit our website - http://www.soundlincs.org/about-us/work-with-us/
Alternatively, please contact Shelley on 01522 510073, email email@example.com
Grimsby Symphony Orchestra is back rehearsing, playing music for a wide audience.
From Prom style pieces to Pop!
We rehearse (Covid Safe) on Wednesday nights 7.30pm to 9.30pm at Corpus Christi Hall, Holy Trinity Parish, Cleethorpes.
This first term is Free. It is your chance to catch up with people in your area who enjoy making music.
We are especially looking for First and Second Violins and Violas. Players need to be Grade 6 and above.
Come and give us a try. You will be most welcome.
For more details visit the website www.grimsbysymphonyorchestra.co.uk or visit our Facebook page.
It is with deep sadness that we announce the passing of Claire Morrison, who has died following a short illness. Claire was a loyal member of the MUSIC:LINK Committee and was Treasurer of MUSIC:LINK for 18 years. Claire will be sorely missed. We send our deepest sympathies to Claire's father, Clive and family.
We would like to thank all the members who voted for their favourite new logo design.
We are excited to be launching the new logo, and releasing a new look diary very soon!